(File pix) The remains of Cradle Fund CEO Nazrin Hassan will be reburied next week. Pix by Mohamad Shahril Badri Saali

KUALA LUMPUR: The remains of Cradle Fund CEO Nazrin Hassan will be reburied next week.

Although initially the reburial was supposed to take place today, it had to be postponed as the second post-mortem has yet to be completed.

"The autopsy is extended, therefore we shall wait until the pathologist completes the procedure," Selangor Criminal Investigation Department chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Fadzil Ahmat said in a WhatsApp message.

"After it is completed, we will proceed with reburial," he said.

On Tuesday, Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun informed that Nazrin's body would be buried on Friday after it was exhumed for a second autopsy.

However, yesterday, Fadzil informed that the post-mortem had been extended but was not able to say how long the process would take.

The exhumation process was carried out on Monday at the Section 9 Kota Damansara Muslim Cemetery by Petaling Jaya Municipal Council (MBPJ) staff and observed by officers from the National Institute of Forensic Medicine (IPFN).

Also on hand to assist with the exhumation were the police, the Selangor Mufti’s office, Selangor Islamic Religious Department (JAIS), Universiti Malaysia Medical Centre (UMMC) doctors and medical personnel, lawyers as well Nazrin’s family members.

Nazrin was found dead in his Kota Damansara home on June 14 following a house fire. The initial cause of the fire was said to be an exploded mobile phone, which was by Nazrin’s bedside.

A sudden death report (SDR) was initially filed. However, a subsequent report by the Fire and Rescue Department allegedly showed traces of petrol in the bedroom, where Nazrin was sleeping before the fire broke out.

The case was later changed to a murder investigation.

341 reads

Related Articles

Most Read Stories by